WHY IS KEYWORD RESEARCH IMPORTANT?
Keyword Research provides vital information on each word, keyword or phrase typed into Google. Understanding which keywords are beneficial for your website is crucial for the success of your campaign. Here is the following information on Keyword Research and what it provides:
1. Search Term
- This refers to the actual word or phrase analyzed.
2. Monthly Searches
- This refers to the number of people searching the specific word or phrase on average per month.
3. Monthly Traffic Stats
- This is a graph that displays the amount of traffic the word or phrase received throughout the whole year.
- This displays the highest amount you would require to bid for the word or phrase to reach the first page of Google.
Most Popular Keyword Tools online?
There are multiple keyword tools you can use to discover the information you require for each selected keyword. The primary tool people use called the Google Keyword Planner. This tool helps Google Ad marketers build campaigns and understand keyword trends online. The following list is alternatives to Google's Keyword Planner:
4. Long Tail Pro
Why would an individual use an alternative tool to the Google Keyword Planner?
Many alternative tools display more information on long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are long words people type into Google. They are usually long questions that people regularly search online. They are beneficial to know as they are much easier to rank on page 1 of Google. Keywords with shorter phrases are harder to rank on popular search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
The other reason people use alternatives to Google's Keyword Planner is due to the fact Google does not display information about specific searches. Google does not reveal information on medical products, weapons, drugs, and other categories. In specific types, you may not use Google Ads to market the product or service, and that's why they do not display the keyword information.
How would an individual use long-tail keywords?
Long-tail keywords are ideal for bloggers. People who update their website with articles would greatly benefit from understanding long-tail keywords. Displaying your long-tail keyword in the title of your article means it could rank for that specific keyword. The article will rank well if it contains excellent quality, correct grammar and spelling, as well as a nice mix of multimedia.
What is considered good keywords?
1. Good keywords are highly targeted towards your offers and services.
2. Good keywords have more than 1000 searches on average per month.
3. Good keywords have consistent searchers every month, as several keywords only do well in specific months.
4. Good keywords contain the words "buy" or "for sale" attached to the beginning or end of the keywords.
5. Good keywords also include the country or city location attached to them.
It's essential to understand which keywords would benefit your SEO and Google Ad campaigns. Once you understand which keywords to target, you will have completed the first step in marketing your website online. The next step to launching a successful campaign would be to assess your website and optimize it for the major search engines.