ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF SEO
SEO, also known as Search Engine Optimization, is a fairly new form of marketing. The process involves improving the position of your website on Google for select keywords. These select keywords are usually relative and targeted towards the type of industry you are involved with. Having your website placed on Page 1 of Google will improve your sales and grow your company. This article will highlight the advantages and disadvantages of Search Engine Optimization, as well as help you find a reputable SEO provider.
Advantages of Search Engine Optimization
1. Search Engine Traffic is the most trusted form of traffic online. Google enforce strict guidelines and policies, to ensure websites placed high on their search engine, will provide value for the browsing user.
2. SEO drives customers to your business. Search Engine Traffic has one of the highest conversion rates online. Conversion rates is the action taken by a website visitor, several examples include calls, contact forms and emails made by the website visitor.
3. Search Engine Traffic is the most targeted form of traffic online. People take the time to look for specific information, products and services on Googele, which means they have already shown interest, unlike usual forms of advertising pushed onto people.
4. SEO can be affordable, depending on the costs of the SEO provider. The main objective of SEO is to drive tons of organic traffic to your website for a Set Fee. In the long term, with high organic rankings, SEO will be much more affordable than Google Adwords.
Disadvantages of Search Engine Optimization
1. SEO is an ever-evolving industry with constant changes occuring on their algorithm. SEO companies, who do not comply with these system changes, may struggle to implement effective SEO services. You may end up paying monthly charges for something that doesn't work.
2. SEO is a long process. SEO companies have to provide smart and consistent link building campaigns, these campaigns can take some time to render results. It can take between 3-12 months to start benefiting from SEO.
3. SEO can be extremely expensive. Many SEO companies in South Africa charge expensive rates for SEO, and many small businesses cannot afford to pay their monthly rates.
4. There are several means of applying SEO, such as Whitehat SEO and Blackhat SEO. Whitehat SEO is the correct means of doing long-lasting SEO, while Blackhat SEO is the wrong means of applying SEO. Customers may not be able to understand the difference between the two types when they receive reports.
Signs of an excellent SEO Provider?
1. If the SEO provider has high organic positions, this is proof that they can apply highly effective SEO.
2. Google Places listings display ratings and reviews of people on businesses, check out the Google Places listing of your SEO provider and see what their customers have to say about them.
3. Find reviews of customers by simply putting the SEO company name with the word "reviews" next to it on Google. This should return reviews of people commenting on the SEO services provided by the company.
4. SEO reports displays how well the SEO provider has applied your SEO. You should receive a list of websites linked back to your website in an excel sheet. Investigate the different websites, and look at the quality of the website as well as the article associated with the website.